Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Tam Linsey: Food and a Post Apocalyptic World

Wow, five years Judith and Sarah? Where did the time go? I’m so proud of you both for keeping the Genre-ista’s going strong and steady, and for pursuing your own writing and publishing dreams at the same time. Way to go!

For all you readers, let me give you a little backstory. (I just said the “b” word!) Judith and I met in 2010 during an online class about platform building for writers. I was in the process of switching my writing from contemporary romance to sci-fi, and Judith was cheering me on and keeping me motivated in spite of what seemed like an overwhelming task. I was so honored when she and Sarah started Romancing the Genres and asked me to be a part of it.

Now here it is, five years later, and although I moved on, I remain in contact with my platform partner, Judith. I’ve published three post-apocalyptic novels and two short stories set in a world decimated by genetically modified weeds – yes, there is love after the world ends. 

About a year ago, Audible provided a stipend to turn book one of Botanicaust into an audiobook. Readers call my stories “thought-provoking” and “chilling” along with quotes like “I never would have imagined I would be turned on by a plant.” (That one tickles me!) Most of all, I get comments along the lines of “completely unlike anything I’ve ever read before.” Botanicaust is a crazy mix of cannibals, plant people, immortals, and Amish, but it works, love story and all.

What am I doing now, you ask? When I’m not in the garden or muddling through my day job, I’m working on recording my other books in my tiny, homemade recording studio (also known as the blanket-shrouded closet in my office.) I’m also writing an unsettling post-apocalyptic story about a world destroyed by killer amoebas - I know, first I write about green-skinned seductresses, now the Blob. But I promise, just as Botanicaust isn’t William Shatner hooking up with an alien, my new world won’t be a cheesy conspiracy theory gone wrong. And you haven’t seen the end of the Botanicaust world, either. I plan on giving you the history for the photosynthetic Haldanians, plus there is definitely more to come with Tula and Levi.

I can’t resist one last reader quote to wrap things up. “To all the little Fred Savages out there, I'm sorry, [Botanicaust] is a kissing book. But even if that's not your bag, Tam Linsey has written a solid sci-fi book you will dig.”

In closing, I want to thank you for stopping by. If you’d like to know more about my books, you can sign up for my newsletter at http://bit.ly/Botanicaust or visit my website at http://www.tamlinsey.com. Or, of course, you can also go directly to Amazon if you already know you like post-apocalyptic romance.

Tam lives in Alaska with her husband and two grown children. She lives on a half-acre lot that is more than a garden and less than a farm. When she’s not writing, you might find her in the garden, the orchard, or kitchen.

Other books in the Botanicaust series:

    

1 comment:

Judith Ashley said...

Tam, so glad you could join us! I've always been amazed at your passion for taking care of the land and the food we grow on it. Keep on telling your stories!!!